Well, the holidays are in full swing – I wish I could say I was ready for them. Every year I am behind, but this year things are a little out of control. They are so forgone, that this weekend I completely forgot about the Rocky Rods, that my friends and neighbors look forward to each year. Needless to say, I am going to have to make it up to them in other ways. Maybe some Valentine’s Day treats instead? I just couldn’t fit it all in, and in order to avoid a complete nervous breakdown, I had to prioritize, and unfortunately they didn’t fall to the top.
Something else that completely slipped my mind – my annual holiday post highlighting my favorite gifts for the season. So here I am, with my list. Every year it is so easy, and this year was no exception. I created this list in about 5 minutes – and if it helps just one of you with holiday shopping this year, it was completely worth it.
- The Nutra Ninja Blender Duo – wow, this blender blew me away…I was not really a blender person before I used this – I love the smoothie cups it comes with, not only do the smoothies blend perfectly, clean up is a cinch. I cannot recommend this one enough…
- Artic Chill Cocktail Muddler – this is a must if you are a cocktail maker – particularly if you like making drinks with fresh herbs like mint – I have also used this with peaches and cherries, and it does wonders. Before I had one I used the back of a wooden spoon – I had no idea was I was missing. It is the grooved nylon tip that does all the magic…
- Lori’s Salt Caramel Syrup – I am not much of a syrup person, that was until I tried this stuff. I seriously could drink this in a glass, it is that good. Oh, and put on top of these eggnog pancakes? Just stop. We were all licking our plates in delight.
- Lemon and Lime Juicer – I didn’t realize how easy it could be to use fresh lemon or lime juice before I got this contraption. There is no reason to ever buy bottled lemon or lime juice again – this makes it so quick and easy, and seriously your food will taste better using fresh juice.
- Large Cookie Spatula – this has been on my favorite holiday gifts list ever since I started this. I use this for just about everything – cakes, roasts, anything that has to be moved, and requires a large surface area to do so. I have even got my husband to start using it…
You can thank my mother for the recipe – when I was in Madrid a couple of weeks ago, she woke up at 6am, just to make these for my girls before they went to school. They loved them so much, I had to give them a try. They are a perfect holiday treat – particularly if you have some eggnog that you are looking to use up. Fortunately school break is coming up, and you won’t need to get up before sunrise to make them…
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg (fresh) or cinnamon
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 2 cups eggnog (can be low fat)
- 1/4 cup oil
Combine dry ingredients and whisk to combine. In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. With a wooden spoon, mix wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir until combined. Do not overwork, the batter may be lumpy.
Heat a small amount of butter or oil and cook pancakes on medium (or if using a non-stick pan, you might be able to skip the butter/oil).
For a printer-friendly version of this recipe, please click here: Eggnog Pancakes
One thought on “Eggnog Pancakes”
How did you like Madrid? It was one of my favorite stops last spring! I love the lemon lime juicer. We’ve used ours so often! It’s great. And your mom’s pancakes look and sound delicious!